- All our jadeite is NATURAL and from Burma. Jadeite from Burma is the only gemstone quality form of jade not to be confused with agate or nephrite which sometimes are called jade but are not gemstone quality
- We have one master carver and 2 gentlemen that apprentice under my master and me. 2 polishers that take 40 days to polish one piece of jadeite.
- We handle the entire process from start to finish; there is NO middleman.
- We have a feng shui master and a sifu for qigong that work with us very closely
- How tough is jadeite? Next to diamonds, rubies and sapphire, jadeite is the next toughest stone. This extreme durability, a result of its fibrous crypto-or microcrystalline structure, accounts for its wide variety of uses, and it is this very toughness that allows for the unmatched delicacy of carving one finds in jadeite. What other stone can be carved as a continuous chain from a single piece of material and endure as jewelry or statues for centuries?
- Jadeite is also considered a living stone. It is said that some people have the ability to make jadeite turn richer in color or more translucent because they are connected in mind, body and soul. People even today believe that in times of good health, one’s jadeite grows richer in color, while trauma or illness will drain the color absorb the translucency. When wearing the jadeite close to the body is said to ensure good health. It is impervious to oils, perfumes and most cold acids.
- Jadeite is mined in boulder form from the mountains (mountain jade) as well as found in float form in the water beds (water jade) and in following rivers (river jade). Being harder than the material in which it is embedded, it emerges when erosion removes the surrounding, softer stone. Often pieces can vary from one to ten kilograms to some that weigh up to several tons. It is said that the earliest jadeite miners were women who, symbolizing the female or “yin” principle, would be “drawn to” the jadeite, which was said to be symbolic of the male or “yang” principle. Thus, women would find jadeite more easily than men. Mining today proceeds much as it did in olden times – it is unscientific at best. The monsoon season stops the whole process for six to nine months of the year and, when the rains clear, the locations of the sites are often forgotten. There is one clear improvement: large boulders are no longer broken up at the mining sites in order to bring the smaller, more manageable pieces to market. We can only guess as to how much fine material this primitive process has destroyed over the years. Jadeite cutters now carefully saw all boulders and currently the availability of jadeite in this world is rarer than the availability of diamond. As such, the value of jadeite continues to increase as heirloom pieces and with time.
- Minimal to no care is necessary for jadeite once carved and polished. Just soap, water and a toothbrush to clean, if needed
- Never use an ultrasound, cleaning solutions or steamer on jadeite. Please remind your jeweler of this frequent error.
Our label doesn’t guarantee luck. It follows Chinese methodology that works for many people in bringing about good energy, well-being, balance and success.
Understanding a Jade by Nikolai Appraisal
An appraisal is a document stating the approximate retail replacement value of an item. It is calculated using current market data, which reflects typical retail prices, in addition to the cut, color, clarity, and carat weight of the gemstone(s), the weight of precious metal included in the item, and the craftsmanship of the item.Your appraisal ensures that in the case of loss, theft, or damage your insurance company will give you an equal replacement of your item. The more information contained in the appraisal, the better chance you have of receiving the exact replacement for that item. Your insurance agency can rely on this appraisal to calculate a coverage rate for your jadeite, diamond, precious gemstone or piece of fine jewelry.
The following items come with an appraisal:
- All jadeite carvings
- All jadeite, diamond and gemstone finished pieces
- Pieces over a $1000.00
Quality & Value
Our quality standards are among the highest of all jewelers. At Jade by Nikolai, shopping is risk-free because you’ve come directly to the finest jadeite, diamonds, gemstones and jewelry available. We use only the finest materials to create jewelry with exceptional craftsmanship. We’re confident that you won’t find a better jadeite or piece of jewelry.
This combination of exceptional quality and extraordinary value has drawn thousands to Jade by Nikolai.
Highest Jadeite Quality
All Natural jadeite, NO polymer or dyes added. Works only with “A” quality jadeite.
As the largest online jadeite retailer, Jade by Nikolai offers the largest collection of the world’s finest cut & carved jadeite. Pre-selected for exceptional quality, the cut, color, and clarity of our natural Burmese jadeite. If you would like a certificate from GIA, Stone Laboratories or Hong Kong Jade Laboratory, we will issue one.
For exceptional quality, the diamonds set in our diamond jewelry meet strict minimum quality standards. Each diamond is colorless to near-colorless (D-H grade color) with exceptional clarity (VS–SI grade clarity). This standard of quality applies to all our diamond jewelry — even pieces with the smallest diamonds.
The pearls in our Tahitian Black Pearl & South Sea Pearl, cultured pearl jewelry must have high to medium luster, and they must be mostly round in shape, with smooth surfaces and little noticeable blemishes. Since color and size are the most important features of Tahitian cultured pearls, ours feature high to medium luster, they must be mostly round in shape, and have smooth to lightly spotted surface markings. Even our Freshwater cultured pearl jewelry features white pearls with high to medium luster, round to slightly off-round, good uniformity, and smooth to lightly spotted surface markings.
You’ll find we offer only the strongest, most durable jewelry grade platinum. Also, set in rings, necklaces & earrings each loose diamond, jadeite & gemstone is set with the strength and security
We offer fine 18kt gold with more beautiful gold color than 14kt, and more strength and durability than pure, 24kt gold. We may offer jewelry with 14kt gold accents in instances where strength is essential, like in hinges, clasps, or earring posts. We also offer the gold in yellow, white, rose, green & black 14kt, 18kt gold
For durability and beautiful shine, we use only the finest sterling silver stamped with a mark of purity.
Jade by Nikolai, wants to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. If our jadeite collection does not contain your exact specifications, please use our custom request form. We will contact you via e-mail or phone with your request.
If you are looking for jadeite that is not currently available on our site, please contact a Jade by Nikolai consultant at (808) 228-2732 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.